Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No words can describe the pain I feel in my heart right now. Jacob Tyler Aldridge joined his big sister, Brianna Renee, at 2:45 am (PST) today. Watching, holding & comforting him the last hours of his life was the hardest thing I will ever have to do. I had a vision in my mind of what it would be like having been here before, and it was nothing like it. I hope I never have to watch a friend or family member in their last moments ever again. I also hope, that over time these vivid images in my mind begin to diminish so that I can remember the happier times we had with him, although they are few.
 
I want to take this time to thank our friends, family & all the prayer warriors that gave us strength to endure this journey. I would also like each of you to consider purchasing the Journal the Journey kit that was inspired by this sweet son of mine. Join me in carrying out what I believe to be his purpose & journal an event that is dear to your own hearts so that it too can be passed down for many generations, as well as provide remembrance of happier times, or some sort of healing for the sad ones, as it's done for me. Included with each kit are Jacob's footprints, help me to spread them across this country & allow him to continue to touch more lives then anyone could imagine, including those children suffering from Hurricane Katrina.

Kevin & I aren't sure what kind of arrangements will be made yet, however, one thing is for sure, we are going to do our best to get a helicopter ride over to Mt. Susitna. He needs to be with his big sister.

It tears me up to know that you are no longer with us, Jake, but it warms my heart to know that you are no longer suffering.

Rest in peace my sweet son,
Love Mommy, Daddy, & Big Sissy Amanda

No comments: