Sunday, March 24, 2002

Day 77

I did go out yesterday...took the bus to Northgate, went to a PartyLite regional & saw the new spring line! Also went & got my hair permed...something that I've wanted to do since before I found out I was pregnant.

I wanted to get a manicure & pedicure...but they are booked until Wednesday. I scheduled the appt even though it will be at night...not to keen on traveling at night...but I figure the bus should be safe.

Now about Brianna:
She is doing better but not great. She is no longer on the nasal CPAP. They took her off of the 3rd medication they had her on & she is starting to have awake times (kind of)...but her seizures are back. She also has to lay on her stomach all of the time because her secretions get too bad & she desats. Poor thing...she just looks so helpless. Her knees are starting to get a little sore too. :(

I finally got to hold her for the first time in a couple of days yesterday. She seemed to tolerate it fairly well. I sure missed being able to hold her & giving her whatever comfort that I could.

At this point I think the doctors aren't sure what to do about her seizures. We just have to keep playing with her medications, which is very time consuming. I haven't given up hope...just catch myself wondering what life is going to be like.

In other news...Kevin is home working with my dad today in putting in extra cable, phone, & network cables in our house that we are building. The house is coming right along. Never know...maybe I'll be in Seattle long enough so that when I go home...I'll be going to our new home. Gosh...I hope not...that would be a lot of packing for Kevin to do by himself (especially all the PartyLite stuff that's in my office!)

Well...I'm going to get some lunch. 'Talk' with you all again soon.

No comments: