Friday, February 8, 2002

Day 33

Surgery went very well. The surgeon didn’t find anything that he didn’t already know about (thank goodness). It started right on time & she was back in NICU 2 hours later on her way to recovery. She had no problems tolerating the anesthesia either. It was quite upsetting to see her at first; in fact I had to sit down. She was paler than usual & looked to be in pain. That was heartbreaking. They gave her some paid medication, but you can tell that she is uncomfortable when the paid meds start to wear off.

Today her color was much better. The surgeon was there checking up on her when I got there. He is very pleased with her recovery so far. Unfortunately she isn’t able to have the Topomax medication for another 48 hours because it’s not an IV & she can’t have anything going into her stomach. I sure hope her seizures don’t get out of control again during this time.

She opened her eyes and looked at me for a while. She looked sad to me. I really wanted to pick her up & hold her. Boo hoo. Anyways, had a little release last night & cried my eyes out while visiting my Mom & Dad. That made me feel a lot better. My mom said that I needed to quit nursing & go get really drunk!!! Boy I would feel a lot better then!

Well I think that’s all the news to tell. Thanks for all of your support through this trying time for us. It really means a lot to us.

No comments: